Medical Terminology Online Course
- Medical Terminology Course
- Medical Terminology Course Overview
- 2019 Textbooks Included:
- Computer Requirements
- Prerequisites: None
- Clock Hours: 40 (Note: 40 clock hours accounts only for time spent in the online course, and does not include time spent outside of the course or study time. Study time will vary widely per individual.)
- Course Length: To be completed at student’s own pace within a 4-month period or less. Enrollment date begins at date of purchase.
- Class Hours: Days/Times Per Week: Online course, independent self-study, no classroom meetings; student may login to course at their own time schedule, no specific login times. Students may email course content questions to AAPC instructor coaching staff.
- Certificate of Completion Issued: Yes
- Course Investment: $400
- CEUs: 20 CEUs upon completion (AAPC certified prior to enrollment; some certifications excluded – see AAPC website for more details.)
- Methods of Evaluation: The instructional methods used include reading assignments, practice exercises, module review tests, and a final exam. To receive a certificate of completion, students must successfully
complete the course within the allotted time frame of 4 months or less from date of purchase (monthly extensions may be purchased).
- Course Enrollment Fee: Payment is due in full at time of enrollment. Fees listed do not include any recommended textbooks/supplies or computer requirements, which are to be purchased separately by the student.
- Course Description: Medical Terminology introduces the student to the medical terminology used in the medical coding and reimbursement profession, and covers medical terminology and anatomy from a coder’s perspective. This course would be valuable for anyone preparing for a
career in any non-clinical medical profession, and strongly recommended for anyone who is preparing for an AAPC certification examination.
- Successful course completion includes: • A passing score of 70% of higher on all module review exams
• A passing score of 70% or higher on the Final exam
• An overall final course scores of 70% or higher
- Course Objectives: • Correctly identify the roles of the four types of word parts in forming medical terms. • Analyze unfamiliar medical terms using your knowledge of word parts • Define anatomy and physiology and use anatomic reference systems to identify the anatomic position for all major organ systems. • Master anatomy as it relates to the procedural coding manual • Understand disease terms as they relate to the diagnostic coding manual Course Content: • Introduction to Medical Terminology • Disease and Treatment • Circulation, Blood and Immunity • Respiration and Digestion • Urinary and Male Reproductive System • Female
Reproductive System, Pregnancy and Birth • Endocrine and Nervous Systems, Behavioral Disorders • The Senses • The Skeleton and Muscular Systems • The Skin • Final Exam
- No reduced hours in the course or tuition discount for previous education or training will be granted.
Included Textbook: Medical Terminology An Illustrated Guide, Eighth Edition; Barbara Janson Cohen, Ann DePetris; Wolters Kluwer; ISBN: 978-1-4963-1888-6
Recommended Textbooks/Supplies: Medical dictionary, any publisher
Computer Requirements: High-speed internet connection with Blackboard supported Operating System & Web browser (see Course Requirements tab: https://www.aapc.com/training/
Enroll Now! Click the payment button to submit your Medical Terminology Online Course Enrollment Application and make your payment!
Enroll for BOTH Anatomy Online Course AND Medical Terminology Online Course and receive $100 dollars off!