Anatomy Online Course
- Anatomy Online Course
- Anatomy Online Course Overview
- Course Content
- 2019 Textbooks Included:
- Computer Requirements
- Clock Hours: 40 (Note: 40 clock hours accounts only for time spent in the online course, and does not include time spent outside of the course or study time. Study time will vary widely per individual.)
- Course Length: To be completed at student’s own pace within a 4-month period or less. Enrollment date begins at date of purchase.
- Class Hours: Days/Times Per Week: Online course, independent self-study, no classroom meetings; student may login to course at their own time schedule, no specific login times. Students may email course content questions to AAPC instructor coaching staff.
- Certificate of Completion Issued: Yes
- Course Investment: $400
- CEUs: 20 CEUs upon completion (AAPC certified prior to enrollment; some certifications excluded – see AAPC website for more details.)
- Methods of Evaluation: The instructional methods used include reading assignments, practice exercises, module review tests, and a final exam. To receive a certificate of completion, students must successfully complete the course within the allotted time frame of 4 months or less from date of purchase.
- Course Enrollment Fee: Payment is due in full at time of enrollment. Fees listed do not include any recommended textbooks/supplies or computer requirements, which are to be purchased separately by the student.
- Course Description: Ideal for students who want to improve their knowledge of anatomy and physiology. The course will guide the student along a journey of understanding on how the human body operates on a daily basis and how anatomy applies to the medical record. This course would be valuable for anyone preparing for a career in any non-clinical medical profession, and strongly recommended for anyone who is preparing for an AAPC certification examination.
- Successful course completion includes: • A passing score of 70% of higher on all Module Review Exams • A passing score of 70% or higher on the Final Exam • An overall final course scores of 70% or higher.
- Course Objectives: • Introduce the student to the human body, explaining anatomical terms and the body systems. • Define the anatomy and physiology of various systems of the body. • Understand anatomy as it relates to the medical record.
- No reduced hours in the course or tuition discount for previous education or training will be granted.
o Chapter 1 – Introduction to the Body
o Chapter 2 – Chemistry of Life
o Chapter 3 – Cells
o Chapter 4 – Tissues
o Chapter 5 – Organ Systems
o Chapter 6 – Shin and Membranes
o Chapter 7 – Skeletal System
o Chapter 8 – Muscular System
o Chapter 9 – Nervous System
o Chapter 10 – Senses
o Chapter 11 – Endocrine System
o Chapter 16 – Digestive System
o Chapter 17 – Nutrition and Metabolism
o Chapter 12 – Blood
o Chapter 13 – Cardiovascular System
o Chapter 14 – Lymphatic System and Immunity
o Chapter 15 – Respiratory System
o Chapter 19 – Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
o Chapter 20 – Acid-Base Balance
o Chapter 18 – Urinary System
o Chapter 21 – Reproductive Systems
o Chapter 22 – Growth, Development, and Aging
Included Textbook: Structure & Function of the Body, 15th Edition; Kevin Patton, Gary Thibodeau; Elsevier; ISBN: 978-0-323-34112-7
Recommended Textbooks/Supplies: Medical dictionary, any publisher
Computer Requirements: High-speed internet connection with Blackboard supported Operating System & Web browser (see Course Requirements tab: https://www.aapc.com/training/